SZS Change Log
1. Current working copy (not released)
- A binary KCL with different section order is accepted now (like KMP before).
- The new option --repair-magics[=MODE] controls the reparing of missing or
wrong magics of files and sub-files by analysing file path and file
extension. MODE is one of OFF, ANALYSE or REPAIR.
3. szs v1.64a r7680 - 2018-11-23
- Tool wstrt: Wiimmfi patching optimized again, especially in combination
- New option for tool wstrt: --clean-dol: Remove additional DOL sections,
reset entry point and VBI address, and try to restore other patches known
by SZS tools. This is done after loading a DOL and before analysing and
patching to allow re-patching.
- Error logging improved.
4. szs v1.63a r7664 - 2018-11-19
- Tool wstrt: All around Wiimmfi and CT-CODE patching, and around cheat code
management tuned and optimized. On the fly, some small bugs fixed.
Related options: --add-section --gct-move --gct-addr --gct-space
--add-ctcode --wiimmfi --domain --https --wc24 --force
5. szs v1.63a.beta1 r7657 - 2018-11-17
- Tool wstrt: The method to patch main.dol to support the new Wiimmfi login
changed: It don't use the Gecko Code Handler any more.
- The cheat code memory is allocated dynamically. It supports a total of more
than 90000 cheat code lines (>720kb).
- Behaviour of option --gct-move changed: It optionally accept one of the
keywords OFF, AUTO and ON. Without parameter, AUTO is used.
- A warning message is printed, if CT-CODE (option --add-ctcode) should be
added to a not original main.dol.
6. szs v1.62d r7634 - 2018-11-11
- DOL detection improved.
- Tool wstrt: After patching main.dol for Wiimmfi.de, the HTTP header
"Host: DOMAIN" is not longer sent twice.
- Tool wstrt: Patching and analysing of DOL files improved.
- Tool wstrt automatically patch main.dol to support the new login method
at Wiimmfi.de, when using option --wiimmfi.
7. szs v1.62c r7630 - 2018-11-10
- wstrt --add-section FILE: If a single file is not found and the filename
(not path) contains at least 1 '@' character, then all '@' characters of
it are replaced by the region code (one of P,E,J,K) for a second try.
- New option for Command wstrt HEXDUMP: --sname=LIST: Select addresses to
dump by section names.
8. szs v1.62b r7624 - 2018-11-08
- Bug fix for new parser STRING support.
9. szs v1.62a r7620 - 2018-11-07
- Windows version only: Update to Cygwin 2.11.1.
- Cygwin bug fix: Color support failed, if tools started in a Windows console
window or as script outside a Cygwin window.
- The text parser (mainly used to scan KMP text files) supports the new data
type STRING. Different string functions and command @EXEC added.
- Battle arena detection improved.
- New command: wstrt HEXDUMP: Dump the content of a DOL file ordered by the
memory addres. Enter "wstrt help hexdump" to get a list of the many ouput
10. szs v1.61a r7601 - 2018-09-23
- Bug fix for the new route analysis (e.g. wkmpt DRAW): The positions were
wrong (e.g. NAN or too large) when analysing ITPT.
- New command: wszst ISARENA: Check the arena status of a SZS file, print a
status line and exit with an appropriate status code.
11. szs v1.60a r7578 - 2018-08-21
- Improved detection of battle arenas by KMP. The output of KMP text files
of racing tracks and battle arenas differ.
- New option:--battle[=mode]: The mode is either OFF, AUTO (default) or ON.
OFF and ON override the automatic detection of battle arenas.
- wkmpt DRAW: The connections between ENPT and ITPT routes are drawn with
half width and a brighter color now. Additional, there is a distinction
between bidirectional links, PREV only and NEXT only.
- wkmpt DRAW: Dispatch points of KMP sections ENPT and ITPT are detected and
printed as octahedron. The NEXT links point to the nearest end of the
- New keyword for option --draw: DISPATCH: If set, the settings of dispatch
points of areans are visualized by colors to support the analysis.
- New keyword for option --draw: COINS: If set, draw coins as yellow, orange
or red cubus. Color and size depend on coin place type.
- New keywords for option --draw: BLACK and WHITE: If set, a very dark grey
(BLACK) or a very bright grey (WHITE) ground is inserted at height 0.0.
The rectangle encloses all valid triangles.
- New command: wkmpt ROUTES: Print out the new internal cross references for
routes of KMP sections CKPH, CKPT, ENPH, ENPT, ITPH and ITPT.
- The settings of KMP sections CKPH, ENPH and ITPH are printed as "$SETTINGS"
line if not zero. They are also scanned and stored into binary KMP. Usually
only section ENPH of battle arenas use these settings.
- New feature for KMP sections ENPT and ITPT to support battle arenas:
@AUTO-CONNECT=MODE: Control the automatic calculation of PREV and NEXT
links. One MODE is DISPATCH: Connect routes and dispatch points
automatically controlled by different settings. THe default is to link all
routes, if no links is defined.
- Auto created group names of ENPT begin with 'DP' instead of 'G', if
DISPATCH mode is active.
- PREV links of KMP sections CKPH, ENPH and ITPH are printed as "$PREV" line,
if either @AUTO-CONNECT is changed or the PREV link lists is different from
automatic calculated list.
- New global option: --route-options: Disable or enable the new features
$SETTINGS, @AUTO-CONNECT, ...
- wkmpt CHECK and wszst CHECK improved:
- Info about arena classification: NONE, MAYBE, ARENA, ARREA+DISPATCH
- Battle arena: Hint about non empty CKPT and ITPT.
- Battle arena: Warnings about empty ENPT.
- Racing track: Warnings about empty CKPT, ENPT and ITPT.
- Check the number of KTPT elements and find missed or multiple defined
player indices for battle arenas.
- Check the number of MSPT elements and print warnings about too less or
hints about too much records.
- Check number and valid types of coin objects.
- Some camera warnings reduced to HINT.
- New global option: --battle=mode: MODE is either OFF, AUTO (default) or ON.
OFF and ON override the automatic battle detection.
- New commands to be used behind $GROUP: $PREV and $SETTINGS.
- New commands to fine control @AUTO-CONNECT: $DEF-CLASS, $CLASS, $AC-PREV,
$AC-NEXT and $ONEWAY.
- New keywords for option --kmp: DUMP-CLASS, DUMP-ONEWAY, DUMP-ALL: Dump
reference lists at the end of section ENPT and ITPT.
- Internal KMP GOBJ database updated by CT-Wiiki object table.
12. szs v1.59a r7533 - 2018-08-05
- Option --kcl-min is not longer supported. Use option --tri-height instead.
- The old file extension ".flag.txt" for KCL flag files is not longer
- wszst/wkmpt CHECK: Battle arenas are now detected in 2 levels: "some hints
found" and "is battle arena". Some hints and warnings are suppressed for
- wszst SLOTS: For battle arenas, the keyword ARENA is printed instead of a
- New option: --export-flags[=mode] (or short: --exflags): KMP compiler and
scanner support the export and import of KMP flags for sections ENPT, ITPT
and JGPT through a binary KMP file. Therefore, the last byte of the scale
or of the x-rotation is used. Values becomes inaccurate by 0.003% (not
relevant for scale or rotation and not noticeable while playing).
MODE is either OFF, AUTO (default) or ON. Without value, ON is used. ON and
OFF override the @EXPORT-FLAGS settings of a KMP text file.
- New option: --wim0[=mode]: KMP compiler and scanner support the export and
KMP parameters through a special KMP section named "@WIM0@". MODE is either
OFF, AUTO (default) or ON. Without value, ON is used. ON and OFF override
the @WIM0 setting of a KMP text file. This as an experimental feature at
the moment to proof the compatibility with other KMP tools.
- New command wkmpt WIM0: Analyze the WIM0 section of each KMP file (text,
binary or szs) and print an info about it.
- wkmpt DRAW: AREAs are drawn dependent of the mode either as a rectangle
cuboid or as a cylinder (more exact: as an anti prism with 20 sides).
- wkmpt: If creating a KMP by text file, the PREV and NEXT links of item
routes are checked. If missed, a link to self is added to avoid a freeze.
- Option --kmp FIX-CKPH,FIX-ENPH,FIX-ITPH: If a PREV or NEXT link is missed,
a link to itself is added. Before, a link to another group was inserted.
- Camera types 0 (Goal) and 3 (KartFollow) are excluded from transformation
and scaling now.
- KMP text files: STGI is printed with new column names according the new
knowledge of CT-Wiiki.
- Internal KMP GOBJ database updated by CT-Wiiki object table.