SZS Change Log
1. Current working copy (not released)
- New parameter for LEX section SET1: START-ITEM: Declare that a player can
get an item through an item box before race start.
- wszst ANALYSE: LEX:SET1:START-ITEM is recognized and evaluated.
- wstrt PORT+WHERE: Use new option --upper (-U) to force upper case digits in
- wstrt PORT: Ported cheat codes are always printed with upper case digits
and without 0x prefix.
- wstrt PORT: Porting database updated. Many false records removed by
updated generator script.
- Fewer program crashes when reading faulty SZS files.
- New section [SETUP-ARENA] for LE-CODE definition files: Define music and
property slots for battle arenas.
- New global option: --warn=LIST (short -W LIST): Enable or disable warnings.
2. szs v2.26a r8462 - 2021-05-08
- wstrt PORT & wstrt WHERE:
- Address scanning: If an address starts with letter 'm' or 'M' (main.dol)
or 's' or 'S' (staticr.rel), then it is interpreted as file offset.
If an address without prefix is exact 6 characters long, then value
0x80000000 is added. This makes cut+paste from cheat codes easier.
- New option: --no-0x (short: -0): Suppress 0x prefix for hex numbers.
- New option: --long (short: -l): Print file offsets too.
- wstrt PORT:
- Bug fix: Wrong column was highlighted when region order was changed by
- Internal porting database updated.
- New option: --port-db=file: Load the specified update file and replace
the internal porting database.
- wstrt DUMP: More details for StaticR.rel files.
- New command: wszst INSTALL: Install files to the shared directory.
3. szs v2.25a r8443 - 2021-04-24
- Bug fix: If creating a LPAR file, a parameter with name ITEM-CHEATS was
printed. But tool wlect accepted only ITEM-CHEAT (without leading 'S').
- Bug fix: Since previous version the tools recomended slots 3.1 + 6.2 + 7.1
for some tracks.
- New command: wstrt WHERE address...: The segment in which the specified
addresses are located is calculated for each region.
- New command: wstrt PORT ...: Port addresses from one region to all others.
- Mac support improved. Universal binaries for x86_64 and arm64.
- Support of LE-CODE build 29.
4. szs v2.24a r8414 - 2021-04-07
- The tools support a configuration file now to define different paths.
Therefor the file "wiimms-szs-tools.conf" is searched in different
- Option --config=file allows to define a specific config file.
- Command CONFIG (available for all tools) prints an information about
searching and the final settings.
- wszst CONFIG can export configuration settings for scripts.
- wszst CONFIG can create new or updated configuration files.
- wszst ANALYZE:
- Behavior changed for item position bug.
- Print item position factors.
- New warning if minimap is missed.
- Detect AIParam.
- Support of LE-CODE build 28.
- Speedometer settings changed. It is either disabled or enabled with or
without fraction (up to 3 digits).
- wlect option --speedometer=modus accpets now parameters OFF, AUTO, ON,
FRACTION (=1DIGIT), 2DIGITS and 3DIGITS.
- LE-CODE supports debug output while racing. LPAR parameter DEBUG, LPAR
sections [DEBUG-*] and wlect option --debug define the output format.
See http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/LPAR#debug for details.
- Wiimm's Item Cheat has been integrated into LE-CODE. It is enabled by a
LPAR setting and supports Wiimote+Nunchuk, Classic Controller and GCN
Controller for all 4 regions.
- Bug fix for CT-CODE/LE-CODE configuration file: In v2.21a command 'S' was
modified to accept 16 bit slot numbers. And here a copy bug is fixed now.
- Mac: Universal binaries for i386, x86_64 and arm64.
5. szs v2.23a r8357 - 2021-02-03
- Bug fix for option --le-define=FILE, if FILE is a lecode binary. In this
case, the special functions of chat messages are copied now.
- wszst ANALYSE: Detection of additional files (like ObjFlow.bin) that have
not been changed.
- MAC support improved.
6. szs v2.22a r8323 - 2020-12-26
- KMP/AREA: The table layout of text output changed. Therefor parameter
@REVISION is important to select the correct scanning mode.
- KMP/AREA: Detection of "Conditional Out of Bounds".
- Bug fix for tool wlect: Coping/Moving/Linking source file with options
--copy-tracks, --move-tracks and --link-tracks failed for *_d.files.
7. szs v2.21a r8311 - 2020-11-30
- Windows only: 32 bit and 64 bit versions of Cygwin are supported now.
The 64 bit version is recommended.
- 32 bit version: Cygwin DLL 3.0.7 / 2019-04-30
- 64 bit version: Cygwin DLL 3.1.7 / 2020-08-22
- Support of LE-CODE build 25:
- Speedometer support for LPAR-files.
- New option for wlect: --speedometer=off/on
- Again fewer program crashes when reading faulty SZS files.
- BMG supports little endian files now, but only encoding UTF-8 was checked.
I need example files to verify other encodings (CP-1252,UTF-16,SHIFT-JIS).
- KCL/OBJ: Faces with any number of vertices are accepted now. Before there
was a limit of 50 vertices.
- Bug fix for CT-CODE/LE-CODE configuration file: Command 'S' stored a slot
number as single byte, so that only values between 0 and 255 were possible.
8. szs v2.20a r8279 - 2020-10-03
- Time stamps of the files are now managed in nanoseconds instead of seconds.
- wszst ANALYSE: New result "warn=": Print warnings about Item Position Bug
and self linked item routes with 1 point.
- wszst CHECK: Hints about unusual TEX version 1 are suppressed now if option
--verbose is not set.
- Fewer program crashes when reading faulty SZS files.
9. szs v2.19b r8243 - 2020-08-03
- Bug fix for wlect LPAR: Message functions are not longer printed twice.
10. szs v2.19a r8237 - 2020-08-01
- Bug fix: Tool wlect didn't read the second chat message functions from
binary LE-CODE files.
- Support of an old GameCube BMG variant (internally named "legacy").
- Check minimap: Bones 'posRU' and 'posLD' are detected even if the root bone
is renamed. This suppresses wrong warnings.
11. szs v2.18a r8217 - 2020-06-28
- wszst/wkmpt CHECK: Hints about self linked item routes and item routes with
exact 1 point. A warning is printed when both events apply for same route.
- Bug fix: The number of tables is set to 6 if writing a short binary
item-slot file (without tables for battles).
- wszst TEXT/BINARY: New options to patch KMG files: --kmg-limit=seconds to
limit the run time of battles and --kmg-copy=id to copy one slot definition
to the 9 other slots.
- Leseratte and I analysed the MKW internal VR calculations and adapted the
results into the tools. So the calculations are 100% identical now.
- Command wszst VR-RACE supports now up to 30 players for the VR calculation.
- KMP/CAME type 6 and the related route is excluded from any transformation.
12. szs v2.17a r8204 - 2020-05-12
- Command wszst DISTRIBUTION: New track attribute FILL to mark a track as
filler (some tracks are needed to fill the last cups).
- LPAR BLOCK-TRACK: Block previously used tracks for the next 0-50 races.
- LPAR: More chat messages and up to 2 modes for each chat message.
- Object files of CommonObj*.szs are included into the internal object
library and added to auto-add library.
- Objects 'VolcanoPiece', 'bblock' and 'RM_ring1': Setting #1 is evaluated to
find missed files. This has impact to command CHECK and option --auto-add.